PAVER FLOOR COATS
Paver Floor Coat
‘Sheenlac Paver Coat’ is a two pack water based Polyurethane paint for direct application over concrete, wood, steel and selected polymeric surfaces. It can be used for application over both interior and exterior prepared surfaces and possess superior water resistance and abrasion resistance properties.
1. Tough & durable smooth floor finish.
2. Resistant to foot and light motor vehicle traffic.
3. Hot Tire Pickup Resistance.
4. Fast drying and Cure.
5. UV durability, resistance to yellowing and gloss retention.
*Recoat and drying period may vary under different conditions
Gloss / Sheen: Semi Glossy
Method of Application: Air Spray, Brush, Roller
Solid by Volume: 55 ± 3%
Dry Film Thickness: 50 – 75 ㎛ (top coat) & 100 – 125 ㎛ (DTM finish)
Dry Time (25° C / 50° C % RH):
To Touch: 4 Hours;
To walk on: min 18 Hours;
Light Traffic: min 24 Hours;
Wheeled Traffic: 48 hours
Surface Drying Time: 12 – 18 hrs
Mix ratio: 5 : 1 part(s) by volume with water
Pot Life (25° C / 50° C % RH): 1 Hour
Warehouse floor areas; Car parks; Pedestrian walkways and Stairways Wooden floors and over selected polymeric composite surfaces; Terrace and vertical walls
11 m2 / litre at 50 ㎛ and specified volume solid*
*Actual coverage may vary due to factors such as method and condition of application, surface roughness and porosity and weather conditions.
For Steel Surfaces
Ensure removal of all dirt, grease and loosely bond or flaking material from the surface. Any traces of oil or grease should be removed with solvent wiping.
SHEENLAC PAVER COAT is recommended over abrasive blast cleaned surfaces complying to minimum Sa2½ (ISO 8501-1:2007) or SSPC – SP6.The recommended surface profile is in the range of 35 – 50 microns. Areas where blasting cannot be done can be prepared using machine tool cleaning to be a minimum of St.3 or SSPC – SP3.However the best adhesion performance is obtained over metal surfaces prepared to the level of Sa 2.5.
For coating application over any other metal surfaces other than steel or over polymeric surfaces please contact Sheenlac Paints
For Concrete Surfaces
The surface to be applied needs to be clean and free from dirt, peeling paint and other contaminants like greasy materials and organic debris. Clean the surface using fresh water and appropriate surface cleaners.
The loosely bound paint needs to be removed using wire brushing or power tool cleaning. Any algae or fungus needs to be cleaned using house hold bleach and later wash the surface with fresh water. Any cracks and crevices needs to be filled with suitable filling compounds before application .Any dampness issues needs to be addressed appropriately before application .
After cleaning, sand the surface to remove any smoothness or glossy areas using wire brush or power tool sanding. Wash with fresh water to remove the dust, allow the surface to dry.
New concrete, masonry or plaster
The new concrete must age at least 30 days and be thoroughly dry before painting. Check the pH of the floor using litmus. If the pH is > 12, lower the pH using diluted muriatic acid solution, later on wash down the surface using fresh water.
In the case of concrete surfaces, apply a self-priming coat of Sheenlac Paver Coat, by diluting with 30 – 50% water. Allow it to dry for minimum 12 – 18 hours
Apply further coat of Sheenlac Paver Coat at 10 – 20% dilution using standard brush, roller or spray.
Note: Not recommended on floors where acid/alkali spillage are likely. Care should be taken when moving heavy motor vehicle, portable cranes etc. on the coated surface. Not suitable for any immersion services or water logging areas.
Stir and mix the paint and hardener properly before use. Follow the mixing ratios correctly. Use the recommended thinners and don’t over thin the paint more than the recommended levels.
Dilution Ratio (by volume with fresh water)
For Self-Priming, thin 30 -50% dilution with water; Brush and roller – 20% Max; Air assisted spray – 20-25% Max
Storage and Transportation
Do not store or transport the containers under direct sunlight or at elevated temperatures. Store the container in an upright position in order to avoid any leakage or damage.
Shelf Life:Two years for Sheenlac Paver Coat Part A and one year for Part B from the date of manufacturing in original tightly closed containers stored away from direct sunlight and excessive heat.
1. While application ensure that surface temperature and air temperature are not below 10˚ C or above 45˚ C.
2. Should not over thin the paint above the recommended dilution levels.
3. Stir the paint properly before use.
4. Do not use mixed paint after pot-life period.
5. When exceeding over coating interval or exposed to sunlight for a long time, proper surface preparation should be necessary to insure inter-coat adhesion.
1. Refer the MSDS of the product which is available on request.
2. Keep out of reach of children. Use personal protective equipments like goggles, face masks, gloves.
3. In case of contact with eyes or skin, immediately rinse or wash appropriately using plenty of water and seek medical advice if any sort of irritation persists.
4. Do not inhale the vapour or spray.
5. In case of ingestion seek immediate medical attention.
6. This product is intended to be used only in industrial environments by qualified applicators.