Sheenlac 1076 High Gloss PU Finish
SHEENLAC 1076 is a two-pack polyurethane topcoat finish. It provides excellent gloss and exterior durability.
AREA OF USAGE
SHEENLAC 1076 is suitable as a topcoat over recommended primers. They are used in general industrial, and a wide range of offshore and onshore applications.
24 months for Sheenlac 1076 Part A from the date of manufacturing. 12 months for Sheenlac 1076 Part B from the date of manufacturing. The mentioned shelf life is applicable only in original tightly closed containers stored away from direct sunlight and excessive heat.
Storage and Transportation
Do not store or transport the containers in direct sunlight or at elevated temperatures. Store the container in an upright position to avoid any leakage or damage.
Theoretical Coverage – 11.6 ㎡/liter at 50 ㎛ and specified volume solid
Practical Coverage – Allow appropriate loss factors
White & Colors
Solid by Volume
58 ± 2%
Dry Film Thickness
50 -75 ㎛
Method of Application
Airless Spray, Air Spray,
< 420 gm/ litre
Stability of thinned paint
Use within 24 hours
|(·H: Hour, D: Day)||15℃||25℃||40℃|
|Set to Touch||3 Hrs||1½ Hrs||1 Hrs|
|Dry Hard||10 Hrs||6 Hrs||3 Hrs|
|Overcoating Interval with recommended topcoats Min||10 Hrs||6 Hrs||3 Hrs|
|Overcoating Interval with recommended topcoats Max||Extended*||Extended*||Extended*|
- Stir and mix the paint and hardener properly before use
- Follow accurate mixing ratios
- Use recommended thinners only
- Do not over thin the paint more than the recommended levels
- Ensure to keep the primer surface to be coated with SHEENLAC 1076 free from all contaminations.
- Ensure removal of all dirt, grease, and loosely bonded or flaking materials from the primed surface.
- For maintenance and repair jobs, the surface should be prepared as per Sa2.5 (ISO 8501-1.2007) guidelines or power tool cleaning depending on the primer selected.
Overcoat Preparation Details
|Mix Ratio||–||7 part(s):1 part by volume|
|Airless Spray||–||Tip Range 0.013″~0.018″|
|Air Spray (Conventional)||–||Use suitable proprietary equipment|
|Brush||–||Typically 30-40 microns can be achieved|
|Thinner||–||Sheenlac 10T Thinner|
|Dilution Ratio (by volume)|
|Airless spray||–||As appropriate and lesser than 10 %|
|Air assisted spray||–||15-20|
- Apply over the blast cleaned surface or metal surface by following the guidelines as laid out
- Do not apply this product over damp substrates or steel below the due point
- Do not apply when the humidity is above 85%RH
- Do not use mixed paint after the pot-life period
- Prepare the surface of the primer before over-coating when exceeding overcoating interval or when exposed to sunlight for a long time
- Refer the MSDS of the product which is available on request
- Keep out of reach of children
- Use personal protective equipment like goggles, face masks, gloves
- Immediately rinse or wash appropriately using plenty of water in case of contact with eyes or skin
- Seek medical advice if any sort of irritation persists
- Do not inhale the vapour or spray
- Seek immediate medical attention in case of ingestion
- Use SHEENLAC 2000 only in industrial environments by qualified applicators
OPULENCE EXTERIOR SEALER
PU THINNER D-67