EPOXY FLOOR COAT
Epoxy Floor Coat
Sheenlac Floor coats are self-smoothening, pigmented epoxy-based coatings which are laid at a thickness of 1-4 mm thickness to create a joint-less, monolithic, smooth, non-porous layer which will improve the performance characteristics like abrasion resistance, chemical resistance, impact resistance etc.
Cement-bound surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, foreign matter and cement laitance. Also, it should be free from oil, grease and other impurities, which can adversely affect adhesion. If required, the surface should be cleaned by blasting or mechanical means.
Mixing should be done in a suitable container or bucket using stirrers fitted with a paddle. Mix Part A and C (by stirring technique) followed by mixing part B (by stirring technique) for approximately 3 – 5 mins as per the mixing ratio (As stated on the container).
Apply one coat of Sheenlac Floor coat Primer directly on the prepared floor; further coats may be applied depending upon the previous floor conditions.
After roughening the primed surface with Emery paper, apply 1 – 4 mm of Sheenlac Screed using trowel followed by spike rolling. Allow the screed to develop its hardness for 3 – 5 hours, depending on the ambient temperature conditions.
Roughen the surface of the screed or primer (whichever is applicable) followed by application of 1- 2 mm of Top coat (according to appropriate conditions) and allow it to dry under ambient conditions.
1. Please ensure the moisture content on the concrete to be less than 2% – 4% before priming.
2. Concrete should be sound and minimum M20 grade.
3. Minimum substrate temperature is 10°C.
4. Do not use mixed paint after pot-life period.
5. When exceeding over coating interval or exposed to sunlight for a long time, proper surface preparation should be necessary to ensure inter-coat adhesion
6. Ensure that while applying the coating or before the floor coat on the surface is completely dry, the surface to be coated is not exposed to direct sunlight or rain, water logging or any other chemicals.
1. Refer the MSDS of the product which is available on request
2. Keep out of reach of children. Use personal protective equipment’s like goggles, face masks, gloves.
3. In case of contact with eyes or skin, immediately rinse or wash appropriately using plenty of water and seek medical advice if any sort of irritation persists.
4. Do not inhale the vapour or spray.
5. In case of ingestion seek immediate medical attention.
6. This product is intended to be used only in industrial environments by qualified applicators
Storage and Transportation
Do not store or transport the containers under direct sunlight or at elevated temperatures. Store the container in an upright position in order to avoid any leakage or damage.
Shelf Life: One year for Sheenlac floor coats Part A, B and C from the date of manufacturing in original tightly closed containers stored away from direct sunlight and excessive heat.