Sheenlac 2002 – Epoxy High Solid Zinc Phosphate
Sheenlac 2002 Epoxy High Solid Zinc Phosphate is a two pack primer with anticorrosive pigments.
Sheenlac 2002 Epoxy High Solid Zinc Phosphate is a suitable topcoat over recommended primers. The product is used in general, industrial and a wide range of onshore and offshore applications.
24 months for Sheenlac 2002 Part A and Part B, from the date of manufacture.
The mentioned shelf life is applicable only when it is stored away from direct sunlight and excessive heat, in original tightly closed containers.
Storage and Transportation
Do not store or transport the containers under direct sunlight or at elevated temperatures.
Store the containers in upright position to avoid leakage or damage.
Theoretical Coverage: 12.6 ㎡/liter at 50 ㎛ and specified volume solid
Practical Coverage: Allow appropriate loss factors
Light Grey, Red oxide, and Yellow / Buff
Solid by Volume
63 ± 3%
Dry Film Thickness
50 -75 ㎛
Method of Application
Airless Spray, Air Spray,
< 420 gm/ litre
|(·H: Hour, D: Day)||15℃||25℃||40℃|
|Set to Touch||3 Hrs||1½ Hrs||1 Hrs|
|Dry Hard||10 Hrs||4 Hrs||3 Hrs|
|Overcoating Interval with recommended topcoats Min||10 Hrs||4 Hrs||3 Hrs|
|Overcoating Interval with recommended topcoats Max||Extended*||Extended*||Extended*|
*Ensure sanding with 220 emery before over-coating
- Stir and mix the paint and hardener thoroughly before use
- Follow accurate mixing ratios
- Use recommended thinners only
- Do not over thin the paint more than the recommended levels
- Ensure removal of dirt, grease, loosely bound or flaking materials from the surface.
- Remove all traces of oil or grease using solvent wipes.
- Blast clean the surfaces complying with minimum Sa2.5 (ISO 8501-1:2007) or SSPC-SP6.
- Ensure that the recommended surface profile is in the range of 35-50 microns.
- Prepare metal surfaces to the level of Sa2.5.
- Use power tool cleaning complying with SSPC-SP11 in conditions, where blasting is not possible.
Overcoat Preparation Details
|Mix Ratio||–||4 part(s):1 part by volume|
|Airless Spray||–||Tip Range 0.013″~0.018″|
|Air Spray (Conventional)||–||Use suitable proprietary equipment|
|Brush||–||Typically 35-45 microns can be achieved|
|Thinner||–||Sheenlac 20T Thinner|
|Dilution Ratio (by volume)|
|Airless spray||–||As appropriate and lesser than 10 %|
|Air assisted spray||–||10-20% Max|
- Apply over the blast cleaned surface or metal surface as per the guidelines provided.
- Do not apply this product over damp substrates or steel below the dew point.
- Do not apply when the humidity is above 85% RH.
- Do not use mixed paint after the pot-life period.
- If the over coating interval or sunlight exposure is longer, ensure proper preparation of the surface, before over coating.
- Refer MSDS of the product, available on request
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use personal protective equipment like goggles, face masks and gloves.
- In case of contact with eyes or skin, wash immediately using plenty of water. Seek medical advice, if irritation persists.
- In case of ingestion, seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not inhale the vapour or spray.
- Sheenlac 2002 is intended to be used only in industrial environments by qualified applicators.