Sheenlac 3000 – Alkyd-based Red Oxide Primer
Sheenlac 3000 Alkyd based Red Oxide Primer is a fine quality and rust- resistant single pack primer. The product can be brushed directly or sprayed on ferrous surfaces to produce a high bonding film that ensures a smooth topcoat.
Sheenlac 3000 Alkyd based Red Oxide Primer is perfect for both interior and exterior ferrous surfaces.
24 months from the date of manufacture.
The mentioned shelf life is applicable only when it is stored away from direct sunlight and excessive heat, in original tightly closed containers.
Storage and Transportation
Do not store or transport the containers under direct sunlight or at elevated temperatures.
Store the containers in upright position to avoid leakage or damage.
Theoretical Coverage: 12 ㎡/liter at 35 ㎛ and specified volume solid
Practical Coverage: Allow appropriate loss factors
Solid by Weight
63 ± 2%
Solid by Volume
42 ± 2%
Dry Film Thickness
Method of Application
Airless Spray, Air Spray,
< 170 gm/ litre
Stability of thinned paint
Use within 24 hours
|(·H: Hour, D: Day)||15℃||25℃||40℃|
|Set to Touch||5 Hrs||3 Hrs||2 Hrs|
|Dry Hard||36 Hrs||18 Hrs||12 Hrs|
|Overcoating Interval with recommended topcoats Min||36 Hrs||18 Hrs||12 Hrs|
|Overcoating Interval with recommended topcoats Max||Extended*||Extended*||Extended*|
- Use recommended thinners only.
- Do not over thin the paint more than the recommended levels.
- Ensure removal of dirt, grease, loosely bound or flaking materials from the surface.
- Remove all traces of oil or grease using solvent wipes.
- Blast clean the surfaces complying with minimum Sa2.5 (ISO 8501-1:2007) or SSPC-SP6.
- Ensure that the recommended surface profile is in the range of 35-50 microns.
- Prepare metal surfaces to the level of Sa2.5.
- Use power tool cleaning complying with SSPC-SP11 in conditions, where blasting is not possible.
Overcoat Preparation Details
|Airless Spray||–||Tip Range 0.013″~0.018″|
|Air Spray (Conventional)||–||Use suitable proprietary equipment|
|Brush||–||Typically 30-40 microns can be achieved|
|Thinner||–||Sheenlac 10T Thinner|
|Dilution Ratio (by volume)|
|Airless spray||–||As appropriate and lesser than 10 %|
|Air assisted spray||–||15-20% Max|
- Apply a coat of Sheenlac 3000 directly by brush/ spray application method only.
- Allow it to dry as per the time interval mentioned above.
- Apply a second coat, if required
- Do not apply this product over damp substrates or steel below the dew point.
- Do not apply when the humidity is above 85% RH.
- Do not use mixed paint after the pot-life period.
- If the over coating interval or sunlight exposure is longer, ensure proper preparation of the surface, before over coating.
- Refer MSDS of the product, available on request.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use personal protective equipment like goggles, face masks and gloves.
- In case of contact with eyes or skin, wash immediately using plenty of water. Seek medical advice, if irritation persists.
- In case of ingestion, seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not inhale the vapour or spray.
- Sheenlac 3000 is intended to be used only in industrial environments by qualified applicators.