Sheenlac 3276 – PU Alkyd Glossy Finish
Sheenlac 3276 – PU Alkyd Glossy Finish is a single pack system based on a unique blend of polyurethane alkyds. The product is perfect for places where better durability and gloss is required compared to conventional enamels.
Sheenlac 3276 – PU Alkyd Glossy Finish is well suited for properly primed metal surfaces as a glossy topcoat in medium corrosive environments. It is recommended over primers like Sheenlac 3000 or Sheenlac Zinc Chromate Primers.
24 months from the date of manufacture.
The mentioned shelf life is applicable only when it is stored away from direct sunlight and excessive heat, in original tightly closed containers.
Storage and Transportation
Do not store or transport the containers under direct sunlight or at elevated temperatures.
Store the containers in upright position to avoid leakage or damage.
Theoretical Coverage: 9.4 ㎡/liter at 50 ㎛ and specified volume solid
Practical Coverage: Allow appropriate loss factors
White & Colors
Solid by Volume
47 ± 2%
Dry Film Thickness
50 -75 ㎛
Method of Application
Air assisted Spray, Air Spray, Brush
< 410 gm/ litre
Stability of thinned paint
Use within 24 hours
|(·H: Hour, D: Day)||15℃||25℃||40℃|
|Set to Touch||5 Hrs||3 Hrs||2 Hrs|
|Dry Hard||Next Day||12 Hrs||7 Hrs|
|Overcoating Interval with recommended topcoats Min||Next Day||12 Hrs||7 Hrs|
|Overcoating Interval with recommended topcoats Max||Extended*||Extended*||Extended*|
- Stir the paint thoroughly before using
- Use recommended thinners only
- Do not over thin the paint more than the recommended levels
- Ensure removal of dirt, grease, loosely bound or flaking materials from the surface.
- Ensure the primed surface is free from all contaminations.
- Prepare metal surfaces as per Sa2.5 for maintenance and repair jobs.
- Use power tool cleaning depending on the primer selected for maintenance and repair jobs.
Overcoat Preparation Details
|Airless Spray||–||Tip Range 0.013″~0.018″|
|Air Spray (Conventional)||–||Use suitable proprietary equipment|
|Brush||–||Typically 30-40 microns can be achieved|
|Thinner||–||Sheenlac 31T Thinner|
|Dilution Ratio (by volume)|
|Airless spray||–||As appropriate and lesser than 10 %|
|Air assisted spray||–||15-20% Max|
- Apply a coat of Sheenlac 3276 over the recommended primer.
- Apply a coat of Sheenlac 3276 within the over coating intervals specified in the datasheet of the primer.
- Allow it to dry as per the time interval mentioned above.
- Do not apply this product over damp substrates or steel below the dew point
- Do not apply when the humidity is above 85%RH.
- If the over coating interval or sunlight exposure is longer, ensure proper preparation of the surface before over coating. This ensures proper inter-coat adhesion.
- Refer MSDS of the product, available on request.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use personal protective equipment like goggles, face masks and gloves.
- In case of contact with eyes or skin, wash immediately using plenty of water. Seek medical advice, if irritation persists.
- In case of ingestion, seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not inhale the vapour or spray.
- Sheenlac 3276 is intended to be used only in industrial environments by qualified applicators.