When small depressions in a finish develop, it is termed Cratering. These small depressions are referred to as fish-eye.
|Contamination of Silicone, Wax or Oil||
• Find the source of contamination and eliminate it.
• Sanding aid on belts may contain silicone, lubricants, oils or greases for machines, belt-dressings, lubricating greases and oils, spray equipment, hand creams or metal and wood polishes can be possible sources of contamination.
• Find their substitutes and eliminate the enlisted sources.
• Use anti-cratering additives.
• Note that silicone will continue to cause contamination of equipment. Hence, the need for higher number of additives.