Excessive Material Usage
When the spray gun is not held as per the recommended guidelines, defects begin to appear. These defects are a direct result of Excessive Material Usage
|Failing to Trigger the gun at each stroke||
• Release the trigger after every stroke.
• Make it a habit.
|Holding the Gun too Far from the surface||
• Hold the spray gun at a distance of 6-10 inches at right angle to the surface that needs to be painted.
• Work the gun always at right angle to the surface.
|Fluid Pressure in the spray gun is too Low||
• Increase the fluid pressure.
• Check by cutting off air to spray gun.
• Hold the spray gun at shoulder height and now adjust the stream of paint to fall approximately 3 feet from the gun.
|Air Pressure is too High in the spray gun||Set low Air- Pressure.|
|Wrong Air Cap or Fluid Tip||Use proper combination as recommended by the manufacturer’s guide.|
|Depositing material film of irregular thickness||
• Calculate the depth of the wet finish film accurately.
• Learn out of experience.