Gloss Changes of Flat Spots
When the glossy finish changes, the defect caused is called Gloss Changes of Flat Spots.
|Not Sealing the absorbent Putty or Filler can cause the topcoat to ‘strike in’||Seal the wood filler or the putty.|
|Not Using Enough Sealer or Not Sanding enough allowing topcoat to ‘strike through’||
• Sand carefully.
• Give special attention to edges and corners while sanding.
|Changing of Gloss observed on material from same container or Change observed after a few hours of spraying.||
• Stir the material in the beginning thoroughly to ensure it is uniform.
• Stir after several hours, if highly pigmented or high amount of flattening agent is used.
• Sometimes, this agent may cause settling in to occur, quickly.
|Increase in Gloss with Successive coats||
• Sand to bring a smoother finish
• With more coats the finish looks glossier.