Shiny patches might appear when the painted surface is subjected to cleaning or brushing, this defect is referred to as Marring.
|Incomplete Drying of Paint Film||Allow more days for drying before cleaning or brushing the surface.|
|No Coalescing of the Emulsion base is observed, when the temperature is bellow 55° F and the surface is not cured.||Apply the paint at recommended temperature conditions.|
|No Curing of Acid and Polyester coating at Low temperatures.||
• Check the manufacturer’s recommended temperature range.
• Usually the paint takes 7 days to reach full hardness.
|Pot-Life Expiry||Use within pot-life or reactivate with fresh materials and catalysts.|
|Soft Film Formation||
• Use recommended systems only.
• Check if mar-resistant additives can help.
• Do not use NC lacquer, if a hard scratch resistant film is needed.