Poor Drying or Non-Drying
The paint film does not dry thoroughly due to certain conditions and this results in Poor Drying or Non-Drying.
|Humid Weather||If possible, place the wood to be painted in a heated drying room.|
• Maintain a temperature of at least 25-35° C.
• This temperature is ideal for normal drying.
|Greasy, Waxy or Unclean Surface||
• Clean the surface thoroughly with volatile solvents.
• Let it dry completely before finishing.
|Before Application, Improper stirring of pigmented finishes into Proper Suspension.||Stir the material thoroughly so that liquids and pigments are evenly dispersed.|
|Incompatibility of Stains with Clear coats, if the application is over a stained surface||Use proper stain|
|Improper ventilation||Ensure good ventilation.|
|Applying a heavy coat to fill rough wood may retard thorough drying||
• Do not attempt to use a finished coat as a surfacer.
• Apply only as a normal wet coat.
• Ensure not to exceed 4-5 wet mils of total film thickness.