When the painted surface appears wrinkled, with a rough texture, it is termed Wrinkling. The defect generally appears like a skin on uncured paint surface.
|Build up of Thicker Film||
• Thin the paint at a recommended ratio of dilution.
• Apply a few thin coats as suggested.
• Avoid applying one thick coat instead of a few thin coats.
|Paint is More Viscous||Ensure good ventilation and let the room temperature be at the recommended level, for interior painting.|
|Presence of Surface Contaminants||
• Avoid surface contaminations.
• If wrinkling is moderate or minor, sand the top coat alone and apply paint, as per the recommendations.
• If wrinkling is major, completely sand the surface and repaint the affected area.