When yellow surface develops in aging paint, which is particularly more pronounced in white coatings or clear varnishes, the defect is called Yellowing.
|Exposing the Surface to Ultraviolet rays of the sunlight.||
• Use UV inhibitor in coating.
• Correct the paint, if it is old.
|Aging can produce yellowish surface.||
• Use aliphatic polyurethanes and acrylics as they yellow less.
• NC lacquers, aromatic urethanes, oil drying alkyds conversion varnishes, etc yellow more.
• Weigh the choices available and make a decision.